Monday, January 12, 2009

An Analysis of Self-Perceived Character Flaws

I.
Need to Please
In order for me to feel affirmed, validated, useful, productive, as a person who is not defective (a psychologist once told me that I had an inherent sense of feeling stamped "defective," a package unwanted by my biomum and handed over), as a person playing an important role in other's lives, and therefore cannot be rejected, as a person who is loved, cherished.

II.
That I allow myself, enslaved by Need to Please

III.
Hubris
a) Like Harold Bloom's essay, "They have the numbers; we, the heights," as spoken by the Spartan commander at Thermopylae, from "Thucydides"


b) Unaware of my limits. Fancy myself irrepressible

IV.
Interolable To Me: Insufficiency, Good Enough

V.
Possessiveness
I can't let go. People, memories, my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment